Basic Tool Setup
To set and balance the equipment, it is necessary that the system (tool - machine - tube) is sufficiently tough and does not lead to vibrations and movement of the tools from the optimal working position.
Unbalanced or damaged tools can affect the production line, as well as increase the risk of damage and reduce its longevity.
For the tools to function correctly, it is necessary to observe the following basic set-up procedure.
- Before starting with the individual instruments, carefully clean the individual connecting parts of the machine.
- Set the clamp die and carefully clean its surface
- Clean the surface of the clamp & Set the height relative to the die and set the pressure
- Clean the surface of the pressure dies & Set the height and set the pressure
- Mount the mandrel on the rod and set it properly (see: Setting the Mandrel).
- Insert the tube, close the clamp die and pressure die.
- Position the wiper die, lightly push and set it about 1 degree from the tube.
- Release tube and check distance to tip of wiper from the angle of the clamp die (see: Setting the Wiper Die).
The amount of pressure on the pressure die and the pressure clamp should always be as small as possible. If there is too much pressure, it will cause more stress on all tools and has an undesirable effect on the bending machine itself.